Turbo Timer (Turbocharger Delay Timer)
Whether you have a turbocharged sports car, turbo diesel truck, or turbo
wagon, the Turbo Timer is essential.
Shutting down a turbocharged engine without allowing sufficient time to
cool down will result in a number of problems. The hot engine oil is insufficient
to prevent scoring of the precision bearings, and damage to the oil seals.
The hot turbo components overheat causing coking of the bearings and impeller which
may then may seize or block vital oil galleries. All these conditions will lead to
premature, and often catastrophic, turbocharger failure with likely
subsequent engine damage.
The Tracker Technologies Turbo Timer is designed to extend the life of
the turbocharger (and engine) by allowing the engine to idle
automatically for a pre-set amount of time after the ignition switch
has been turned off. This ensures that the turbo is rotating only slowly
and that the cooling engine oil will circulate through the turbocharger,
drawing latent heat from the bearings and impeller shaft, and cooling the
unit down to a safe temperature before the engine is shut down.
- Emergency cutoff button
- 3-digit display - dims at night
- Selectable audible annunciation
- 12V to 24V operation
- Remembers duration of engine use
- Automatic or Manual modes
- Automatic mode idles depending on prior use
- Manual mode presettable from 10 seconds to 9 minutes 50 seconds
- Quartz crystal timing accuracy
- Negligable standby power consumption
- Wide temperature range -40C/-40F to 85C/185F
- Miniaturized for easy installation
- Optional handbrake, gearshift and speed inputs
- Optional temperature probe to determine engine compartment temperature